CompTIA Server+ Industrial Training in Jalandhar. CompTIA Server+ Training in Jalandhar
CompTIA Server+ is a certification that is vendor-neutral and renowned worldwide among technical support professionals with 18 to 24 months of IT experience. This certification validates the knowledge of server issues and technology, which also includes disaster recovery. The topics covered in our course include system hardware, software, storage, IT environment, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Explain the purpose and function of server form factors.
3. Blade technology
Given a scenario, install, configure and maintain server components.
3. Bus types, bus channels, and expansion slots
5. Hard drives
6. Riser cards
7. RAID controllers
8. BIOS/UEFI CMOS battery
10. USB interface/port
11. Hotswap vs. non-hot-swap components
Compare and contrast power and cooling components
Install and configure server operating systems.
1. Determine server role/purpose
2. Update firmware
3. BIOS/UEFI configuration
4. Disk preparation
5. Configure hostname
6. Local account setup
7. Connect to network
8. Join domain/directory
9. Address security concerns
10. Enable services
11. Install features/roles/applications/drivers
12. Performance baseline
13. Unattended/remote installations
Compare and contrast server roles and requirements for each.
2. Application server
3. Directory server
4. Database server
5. File server
6. Print server
7. Messaging server
8. Mail server
9. Routing and remote access server
10. Network services server
Given a scenario, user access and control methods to administer a server.
1. Local hardware administration
2. Network-based hardware administration
3. Network-based operating system administration
Given a scenario, perform proper server maintenance techniques.
1. Change management
2. Patch management
3. Outages and service level agreements
4. Performance monitoring
5. Hardware maintenance
6. Fault tolerance and high availability techniques
Explain the importance of asset management and documentation.
1. Asset management
3. Secure storage of sensitive documentation
Explain the purpose and operation of virtualization components.
1. Hosts and guests
2. The management interface for virtual machines
4. Hardware compatibility list
5. Resource allocation between guest and host
Given a scenario, install and deploy primary storage devices based on given specifications and interfaces.
1. Disk specifications
3. Hard drive vs. SSD
Given a scenario, configure RAID using best practices.
1. RAID levels and performance considerations
2. Software vs. hardware RAID
3. Configuration specifications
4. Hotswap support and ramifications
5. Hot spare vs. cold spare
6. Array controller
Summarize hardware and features of various storage technologies.
6. Optical drive
7. Flash, compact flash and USB drive
Given a scenario, calculate appropriate storage capacity and plan for future growth.
1. Base10 vs. Base2 disk size calculation (1000 vs. 1024)
2. Disk quotas
4. Capacity planning considerations
Compare and contrast physical security methods and concepts.
1. Multifactor authentication
2. Security concepts[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]